WHY NATURAL / ORGANIC
Did you know…
- Our skin is the largest human organ, and can absorb about 60% of what we apply on it
- On average, we use 10 different products on our skin daily, absorbing nearly 130 harmful chemicals into our bodies
- Many of the ingredients in a product have nothing to do with your skin! They are added to extend the product’s shelf life, enhance the colour or make the smell more pleasing
- Global industry watchdogs, like the U.S. Food and Drug Administration have not yet evaluated almost 90% of the 10,500+ ingredients used in skin care products. Are they safe? Is it worth taking a risk?
- 77% of rinse-off cosmetics in the market today contain parabens, chemical preservatives that are found to cause skin irritation, dermatitis, or allergic skin reactions
- Many of these synthetic ingredients and chemicals are known to cause skin problems such as acne, eczema and allergies.
- The European Union has banned the use of over 1,100 ingredients commonly found in synthetically-manufactured cosmetic products – yet many companies continue their use!
- 95% of chemicals used as fragrances in cosmetics are synthetic compounds derived from petroleum, which is widely known to cause serious health problems such as liver and kidney damage, nausea, and respiratory irritation